Hitchin Band Fun Pages!
Advantages of being a Soprano Player
Have you ever noticed how the soprano player is always located on the outside of the band, closest to the audience?
This is good for many reasons:
- If there is a fire you can make it to the door in time instead of being toast
like the BBbs.
- Nobody sits behind you honking in your ear.
- If the solo cornets get mouthy you can direct a chastening blast beyond the pain threshold.
- You can easily check out any cute babes/guys in the audience
- If you are hitting a really good high C you can turn toward the audience slightly and let it rip.
- You can get out and to the parking lot after the concert faster.
- Lots of room to your right for mutes, water bottles, cornet stands and a little table for your beer.
- Being up front usually suits the soprano players ego.
- If necessary you can give a disapproving glance to anyone in the band without the MD noticing.
- If you have to go to the toilet really desperately you can get there first at the break.
- Same as #10 but you get to the bar first.
- Same as #10 but you get to the free food and coffee/tea first.
- Same as #10 but you get to meet the girls behind the bandstand first.
- It's as far away as you can get from the Bass Trombone.