Hitchin Band new CD
Because - Celebrating 150 years 1866 to 2016
We are delighted to announce the launch of Hitchin Band's new CD, to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the formation of the band.
The CD is called "Because" after an arrangement of a song specially commissioned for Hitchin Band's Solo Horn player, Sarah Gibbons.
The CD features a range of music that spans the years from 1866 up to date and shows off the talents of four of the band's soloists.
It also includes an 8 page booklet with information and photographs about the history of the band.
The CD is available to buy for £10 at our events. Alternatively we can send one by post for an additional £2 to cover P&P costs.
For more details, please contact the Secretary, Mike Thorn on 01462 701135 or send an email to email@example.com.
Track Listing from the CD
- Florentiner March
- Because - Tenor Horn Soloist: Sarah Gibbons
- Clog Dance
- In Perfect Peace
- It Don't Mean a Thing
- A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square - Trombone Soloist: Mike Thorn
- Death or Glory
- Cadillac of the Skies
- How D'Ya Like Your Eggs in the Morning?
- Soliloquy - Cornet Soloist: Dinah Birch
- Merry Go Round
- Song Setting - Mid all the Traffic
- Puttin' on the Ritz
- Concerto de Aranjuez - Flugel Horn Soloist: Alice Bailey
- Light Cavalry Overture